Our Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is the perfect blend of hearty oats and rich chocolate chips.
Enjoy the delicious fusion of chewiness and crunchiness as you up your baking game. Check out the tips, variations and FAQs for a foolproof baking experience. Make every bite a celebration by subscribing for more delicious recipes!
Table of Contents
Welcome to a world where your sweet tooth meets healthy oats and decadent crunch. Today I am going to share with you a recipe that is not only a treat for your taste buds, but also a celebration of the art of baking – the Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
Who is This Recipe For?
This recipe is your golden ticket if you’re a cookie connoisseur, a dessert lover or just someone looking for a cosy treat. For those who appreciate the perfect balance between chewy and crunchy, this fusion of hearty oats and luscious chocolate chips is a winner.
Let’s dive into the heart of this delight, the ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Source – Allrecipes.com
Recipe Direction – Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Now let’s start the journey to cookie nirvana:
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) and line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream butter and sugar: In a large bowl, whisk together softened butter, crystal sugar and brown sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla: Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time, making sure that each egg is fully incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
- Combine dry ingredients: Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients one at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips: Gently fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Fold until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Scoop out and bake: Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, drop the rounded balls of dough onto the baking trays you have prepared. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown on top.
- Cool and enjoy: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To embark on this culinary adventure, you will need the following equipment:
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop or spoon
- Wire rack for cooling
Instead of old-fashioned oats, can I use instant oats?
You can also use instant oats. However, the old-fashioned oats give the cookies a heartier texture. If you prefer a chewier result, go for it!
Can I make the dough in advance?
Definitely! For richer flavours, the dough can be refrigerated for up to 48 hours before baking. Just make sure it comes to room temperature before rolling out and baking.
Potbelly Oatmeal Cookies are known for their unique combination of chewiness and crunchiness, making them a favourite with cookie lovers everywhere.
Conclusion and Call to Action
In conclusion, the Potbelly Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is a testament to the joy that can be found in baking. Let the smell of freshly baked cookies fill your kitchen and share this delicious recipe with your friends and family. And don’t forget to sign up to our blog for more delicious recipes and culinary adventures. Have fun baking!