Indulge in the art of pizza making with Roberta’s pizza dough recipe. This simple and authentic recipe will help you create the perfect Neapolitan-style pizza crust. Upgrade your homemade pizza game today!
Table of Contents
Are you ready to embark on a journey of pizza making that will take you straight to Italy – without even leaving the comfort of your own kitchen? Then look no further! Today we’re going to dive into the world of Roberta’s pizza dough recipe. Take your homemade pizza game to a whole new level with this artisan pizza dough. This recipe is for you, whether you’re an experienced pizza enthusiast or a newcomer to the world of dough. We’ll help you make the perfect pizza dough from scratch with ingredients, instructions, tips and more.
Who is this Recipe For?
For anyone who appreciates the art of pizza making, this recipe is for you. Roberta’s Pizza Dough Recipe is perfect whether you’re looking to impress your family and friends with a homemade pizza night or enjoy the satisfaction of creating your own pizza masterpiece. The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity, which makes it accessible to both the novice and the expert pizza chef. You can make a pizza dough to rival the best pizzerias in town with just a few essential ingredients and a little patience.
What Makes Roberta’s Pizza Dough Great?
Roberta’s Pizza Dough is a closely guarded secret of Brooklyn, New York’s famous Roberta’s Pizzeria. Roberta’s is known for its artisanal approach to pizza making. It has gained a cult following. The key to their exceptional pizzas is their exceptional dough. Here’s why this recipe stands out:
- Simplicity: This dough is easy to make. It has only a handful of ingredients. It requires little to prepare and to work with.
- Versatility: The dough is incredibly versatile to use. You can use it as a canvas for your favourite toppings. The flavour combinations are endless.
- Authenticity: The recipe produces a thin, crispy and chewy crust that’s impossible to resist and stays true to traditional Neapolitan-style pizza dough.
- Homemade love: Making your dough from scratch is something special. The love and care that you put into it will shine through in the finished product.
To make Roberta’s Pizza Dough, you’ll need:
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Plastic wrap or kitchen towel
- Pizza stone or an inverted baking sheet
Source – Cooking.nytimes.com
Roberta’s Pizza Dough Recipe – Full Guide
Roberta’s Pizza Dough Recipe: The Ultimate Guide to Perfect Homemade PizzaCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
“Roberta’s Pizza Dough Recipe is your ticket to making a perfect pizza at home. Using a handful of simple ingredients and expert tips, you’ll make an artisan pizza dough that’s bound to impress. This recipe is a must-try for pizza lovers, from its versatility to its authentic Neapolitan flavour. Enjoy the journey to pizza nirvana!
2 ¼ teaspoons (1 packet) active dry yeast
1 ½ cups warm water (110°F or 45°C)
3 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1 teaspoon sugar
Olive oil (for coating)
- Activate the Yeast
- In a small bowl, mix together the warm water and the yeast. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes or until it starts to foam. This is an indication that the yeast is active and ready to be used.
- Mix the Dry Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and sugar until well blended. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine and Knead
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the yeast mixture. Stir until the dough is shaggy.
- Knead the Dough
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic to the touch. Add a little more flour if it’s too sticky.
- First Rise
- Leave the dough to rise for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size, in a lightly oiled bowl covered with cling film or a damp tea towel.
- Divide and Shape
- At the end of the first rising, divide the dough into two equal parts. Leave to rest for 15 minutes, then roll each into a ball.
- Second Rise
- Preheat your oven to the highest possible temperature (usually 500°F or 260°C) and place a pizza stone or an upside-down baking sheet in the oven to heat it up. While the oven is preheating, roll out the dough balls to the size you want to make your pizza.
- When your pizza is topped and ready, carefully slide it onto a pre-heated pizza stone or baking tray and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
Tips for Perfect Pizza Dough
- Use a kitchen scale: Use a kitchen scale to weigh your ingredients for accurate measurements. This will ensure the consistency of your dough.
- Use a good quality flour: Invest in a good quality all-purpose flour for the best results. Look for brands with a reputation for consistency in their protein content.
- Don’t rush the rise: Let the dough rise at its own pace. It may take longer to rise in a cooler environment, but it will be worth waiting for the flavour to develop.
- Experiment with toppings: The beauty of pizza is its versatility. Get creative with your toppings and sauces. The possibilities are endless.
Can I make the dough in advance?
Yes, absolutely. You can prepare the dough and leave it in the fridge for up to 2 days. This will allow the dough to develop a more complex flavour.
Can I freeze the dough?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to 3 months in the freezer. Just make sure it’s wrapped up well to prevent it from freezer burn.
What’s the best way to reheat leftover pizza?
To keep the pizza crispy, bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Now that you’ve learned the secrets to making Roberta’s pizza dough, it’s time to get your hands on some dough and create the perfect pizza. Enjoy the delicious results and impress your family and friends with your homemade pizza skills. For more culinary adventures, don’t forget to share this recipe with your fellow food lovers and subscribe to our blog. Happy pizza making!